Monday 26 August 2013

Tea Cosy Antics... and then some

Some of you have been asking what Superstar Tea Cosy has been up to lately.


Well I did not really want to bring up the subject and give her more fame and glory than she rightfully deserves.  But ... because you ask.. I will share.  As you can see in the photo above, she has asserted her authority over the newly constructed HH picket fence.

To be honest, she has spent the whole of this last  week making an absolute nuisance of herself.


Remember this very gorgeous 1970s outdoor setting which I admired recently at Jubilee Antiques? No sooner had it been temporarily christened as the HH office boardroom table,  Superstar Tea Cosy saunters in to assert her matriarchal position upon it!


In uber exciting administration news, behold our new Samsung phone system which has been installed (a huge step up from our Uniden Officeworks job). PA HH and I do not know ourselves - we don't have to yell to transfer calls anymore - revolutionising our workplace! Needless to say Superstar Tea Cosy spent time getting to know the honeymooning handsets!


As soon as I declared 47 weeks to go, she was out and about creating havoc.


Kev and Foreman HH really did not take too kindly to her dishing out carpentry advice on their treatment of the fascia boards (as you can tell!)


So, dejected, she turned her talent to supervising the filling of the skip (a place where she probably was due to spend the remainder of her days, but for my charitable rescue of her from the St Vinnies bags!)


My beautiful friend Shelley, who volunteered that she would like a job to do at HH (she may regret making that offer) has done a superb job naming all of the 26 rooms - she is just super super talented and artistic (and a comedic writer too!)  and so I am calling her Artistic Director HH from now on. Here she is hard at work on the new boardroom table


And just look at how ultra organised she is - don't we just love coloured flag it notes!


Here are my girls resplendent in their pink hard hats - safety first!


So, inspired, Superstar Tea Cosy decides to cosy up to the new coloured architect plans - and I have not heard the end of her declaring that the green rooms match her current outfit particularly well!


I have had to reprimand her for trying to charge her way into the builders' toilet!


and spent hours educating her that, no matter how green she is, she will never be a power tool!

She spent some time deciding which of the Hanworth kitchens she was going to select as her final resting place after renovations are complete
although I was a little worried she spent too much time in my proposed new office - got me to thinking she was trying to get an invite to move in here in the months to come!
Not even the "keep out" sign would keep this tea cosy out!
undefeated, she entered regardless!

Here is a bird's eye view of my new (and old office) - one day the roof is finally on  the next the floor is already off!



And here is carpenter Peter of HH hard at work ( he will grow to hate me for this photo of his backside I am sure!)


The upstairs office had the lion's share of action this week - lots of discussion re fire walls!


Meanwhile, downstairs, the boys were hard at work too - chipping off all of the render from on top of the hand made 1860s bricks - it was painstaking work

and just luxuriate in the finished product

Then the efforts turned to removing enough of the dirt underneath to get rid of the sooty mess 


Sans soot!
Up came the internal verandahs too (busy week)

Don't think for a second Superstar tea cosy stayed away from all this action!


She and I both were secretly hoping we would finally find our much anticipated pot of gold beneath!

 

Alas, no luck, but we did find an 1890s UK penny - that was not all bad! That has to be a bit lucky!


Tea Cosy tart reminded me she was my pot of gold! Dream on I told her!
Outside the house had action too


 



and my office bathroom had NO action this week  - take a look for yourself!

These lads wondered where their scones were this week! I told them I was just too busy but promised them for next week = lucky they have irresistible faces - I just could not say no!

Meanwhile the nerve centre (aka the site office) was truly the place to be!


or on the fence, if you are a teapot! Religiously, each morning Tea Cosy would take herself up to her perch and get a birds eye view of the inbound city traffic 

Friend K asked if Tea Cosy was hailing the cab in this photo!

 

The week was full of highs - we were gearing up to the WANTZ committee's big charity Great Gatsby bash in honour of AEIOU
And Superstar Tea Cosy spent most of the week trying to cajole an invite out of me - the lengths that girl will go to - she would turn up at the opening of a wound!

and we had a low - our wonderful painter Woody who had just finished a job for me suddenly died. Way before his time.

We honoured him at Hanworth House

And Tea Cosy did the right thing too

RIP Woody - you were a nice man

You will be missed

x HH


6 comments:

  1. Rest in Peace Woody,how sad
    It sounds like he chose a positive week at HH to leave on a high!
    You may have a guardian angel watching over HH now!
    That brickwork is amazing
    What about that soot,unbelievable!
    Everything looks fabulous and really moving along
    Hope your fundraiser went well
    X A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A and yes it was so sad. His funeral was one of the most beautiful I have ever been to - I only knew him for a short while, but you can tell he was a friend to hundreds. What a legacy. x HH

      Delete
  2. Dear HH
    Theres a furniture/decor sale on
    House of Collections
    5 Cairns St,Loganholme
    Sale on until this Sat
    Thought you might like to check it out,they have beautiful things-just Google it
    You may know their stock already,just thought I'd pass on the sale details!
    X A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A I LOVE House of Collections and have bought things from them before. I am leaving work soon and going to hot foot it down there to see if I can nab any bargains - thanks for the thumbs up! x HH

      Delete
  3. Our sympathy to Woody's family,what a terrible loss. He will always be a part of the restoration. I have to say Superstar Tea Cosy may have to be auctioned at the end. I thing she's pretty "hot".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justjen. I will NOT pass your message onto Superstar Tea cosy - her head is already way big enough! It is so funny how she has become such a beloved part of the blog - it amazes me! But "hot" is a whole new word - I will use it in her next post! x HH

    ReplyDelete